Re: [OM] 80/4 macro vs. the world.

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4 macro vs. the world.
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:18:48 +0200
Cool, I didn't know their lens was optimised for 1:1 - well then, with
that being the case,
one can make a strong argument that the Apo Rodagon might probably be
better than the Zuiko :-)

Still, and especially in black+white, the differences should be near
non-existent, as you
say.

I would love to sometime buy an old bulk roll of Tech Pan that's still
in good condition,
they are not cheap, but not that hard to come buy still. Time is
running out though!
(the reason for getting a bulk roll, would be to first get to know the
characteristics of that
particular roll at that particular age, and for consistency).

But I first need to

a.) wait a while
b.) get a really, really serious tripod for macro work, and all sorts
of other vibration-damping mechanisms

thanks for the discussion :-)