Re: [OM] Waterfalls, was Velvia Mood

Subject: Re: [OM] Waterfalls, was Velvia Mood
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:15:47 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks, Moose.  I like that Moosification better than most, but there are
> still some bits about my result that I prefer.

Quick and lazy job. I'm working on the laptop, which doesn't (yet) have
CS3, so is missing my most used selection tool. So I didn't mask the
effects that were primarily aimed at the highlights/water. I've now done
a somewhat better version.

Donald, I find it easy to align the images in the Singapore gallery to
allow switching back and forth seamlessly with the Alt-arrow keys.
However, as requested, the new version is a roll-over.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Barker/Killin01.htm>

> However, I do like the richness of the colour that you have brought out.
> Would you mind sharing your secret (again, perhaps).

- Shadow/Highlight, probably much as Chuck used it.

- Brightness/Contrast, -11, -11. Yes, I know, that makes it look worse
for the moment.

-LCE, 30, 50, 0

-Curves

- Mask to limit the effect of the above on the rocks/dark parts.

I know it may seem I must have kicked up the saturation, but no, I didn't.

Moose