[OM] Adventures in Cell Phones

Subject: [OM] Adventures in Cell Phones
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:00:10 -0500
My life was getting too predictable, so we decided to get new cell phones.
After five hours of trying to correct plans and billing issues, I think we
have a break-through!  I've been lulled into a false sense of security that
my next bill will be lower than my mortgage payment.  The adventure with
Sprint has just begun all over again.

Anyway, we got a pair of Palm Centros.  The keyboard is extremely tiny and
barely usable, but the phones meet and exceed our requirements.  Most phones
are too large these days and navigation is a bear. The Palm OS is a little
better than average and the one serious selling point for the Palms is that
they really sound good.  Our last couple of phones didn't.

I know, we could have gotten iPhones, but I'm not THAT rich.

AG