[OM] OM to Sony alpha adapter-- f/u

Subject: [OM] OM to Sony alpha adapter-- f/u
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:43:10 -0400
Hi Iwert,
I see what you mean regarding the orange ring.  I don't have the
testosterone to perform potentially irreversible camera  mount phlange
surgery  to create FF digital film given the price of these things nice
as though it would be at base ISO.   Being able to use some of that
nice Zeiss glass is another attraction of a non-destructive adapter.
The alphas really aren't that much less than a Canyon 5D11 with live
view that can work fine as digital film for Zuikos.
Mike

http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0908/Sony_alpha/A850/DSLR-A850_front.jpg

Mike,

would it be possible to take the alpha mount out and replace it with
an OM-mount?
(that would do away with the horrid orange ring as well :). It should
just be 6 screws?
I suppose that sticking out lever can be hidden inside the extra
thickness of the OM-moun?
YouI wouldn't use AF glass anyway... would you?

Iwert