Re: [OM] Return of the bionic man

Subject: Re: [OM] Return of the bionic man
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 23:56:05 -0200
wohaaa ..... all this for cataracts surgery !?

Of course I know little if anything on this, but with this info you're
telling, Mike - I have all the rights to question what has been really
happening during this presidential period in my country, through which
cataracts were used as a political argument in Public Health care -
and Cuban ophthalmologists came here to do this apparently simple
surgery (simple things do not exist, imo) for free - and a battle
between Uruguayan ophthalmologists and the political class began. I
doubt that our Public Health Ministry has enough funds for financing
'state of the art' cataracts surgery at a mass level, and whatever was
done by the Cuban ophthalmologists was kept secret.

Knowledge is power, and the political class gets more power if they
get more votes, and it's all too easy to get votes out of deceiving
(keeping secrets for the masses) and from ignorance (I'm no exception
- despite what you've said, I remain ignorant on the nuances of this
apparently simple technique :-(

Sorry, couldn't help this wild off topic shut inside.

Fernando.