Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 01:53:43 -0200
I certainly do ! - That was an amazing photograph, Mike: I didn't know
such a critter existed, less so at the latitude where you live.

I thought many things when saw your frog - with some years of
perspective, I may synthesize all those into one thought: you taught
me and I learned from you five or six very fundamental things. I am
quite aware of what I could learn from you, maybe you're not
completely aware of how much you did and its importance to my
understanding. Strictly photographically speaking, I began taking
nature (wild nature I mean ... ) photographs following what I saw you
had done. There is one photograph which I doubt I could ever do
another one which I myself shall like better: it is only a much more
refined version of one you did before.
Just to add another point, I listened to your advice on learning
photoshop for the first time in my life: before, I despised it. I
considered it sort of 'second class' manipulated photography.
No more than half a dozen things, but I consider them as
groundbreaking, quantum leaps.

Beware, don't feel flattered at all: this is my regular attitude
towards anyone generous enough - otoh, I perceive mean people very
quickly. Anyone does, in fact - but I particularly stress and
underline these traits of personality, and watch myself in this realm.

This is an inevitable consequence of the love I felt for my father.
And this rules for anyone - read some D.Winnicott in case of doubt.

Fernando.
--------------------- oh! since the frog, I'm waiting for an 80/4 plus
2X front-lens. I've withheld because little critters are too hard to
photograph if I stick to RDPIII or RVP ;-).