Re: [OM] OT Succoth Holiday

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Succoth Holiday
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:05:40 -0400
  I wasn't going to bring this to the List (way off topic) but as often
happens the List comes to my questions. Besides it is far too quiet around
here today.
  My 7th grade daughter brought home yesterday her last History test (they
don't call it History any more; something like Social Studies or GVC or
something other). They have been studying Middle Eastern history so there
were a number of questions concerning Judaism. On her test there were two
True/False questions that were marked incorrect:

         T or F  All Jews are Hebrews.

         T or F  All Hebrews are Jews.

  Without going into answers yet, I thought my daughters answers were both
correct. I called a Jewish friend and he agreed with her answers as well.
The following morning I asked another Jewish colleague on staff and he
thought one was correct and one was wrong (he also quipped that if you ask
two Jews a question you are likely to get three different answers). I asked
a third person and he believes there is no right answer.
  Any thoughts?

Charlie