Re: [OM] Olympus question from new member

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus question from new member
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:47:10 +0200
Philippe,

Welcome to the list.

I am a very happy campoer with my E-3 and am not aware of any real
announcements of a newer E-x body. Rumours will be here forever and
eventualy rumours of a new body will come true. This time I am not the
one to predict when however, although I did know of the introduction of
the E-400 and E-500 about 3 months ahead.

As for the pixel count, I would not stare too much at the difference
between 10 and 12 Mpix. In fact I still like the images of the E-1 as
much as I like my E-3's. The upgrade to the E-3 was a great one, but I
dot not upgrade because of pixelcount. For me IS, operation speed,
larger viewfinder were more important. Ergonomically I still think the
E-1 was superior to any other E-system camera. Everything could be found
ans set "blindfolded" withe The E-3 I am still struggling somewaht with
the buttons having two functions combined with the two wheels.

I would advise you to see if you can use both camera's for a few hours
and see which one fits your needs and taste best. A newer body will
always be coming in the future, whatever you buy now and even if you
would buy an E-4/5 at the moment it came out.

Wiliam