Re: [OM] OT Succoth Holiday

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Succoth Holiday
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:50:39 -0200
Cc: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fine, I'm ashaned to admit I read it because I found it in my father's
library - he was supposed to study it when he was 15, which I doubt. I
was able to understand it at 37, and it seems I should read it again
(along with Montaigne, at least Essays III).

Now that you mention his Gaming Theory, maybe I'll find the time to go
quickly through the Spanish version - I have an intuition I already
found it there ... anyway, 'though you put Nicoló as an example, I
think Blaise main dissagreement was with Renée (res extensa / res
cogitans), only that René was not alive to tell if he agreed or not
with Blaise :-)

Well, I should find the time for books, since I found an f=170mm
poorly described in NZ - a perfect match for the 80/4 I bought to
John.

I may ask Brian for help on this one - only hope that he's not out
riding his Toyota .... usd 50 is too little money to re-enter my cc
into Paypal again, that piece of glass should be closely inspected
-it's not a simple close-up lens-, I'm too far away to return it and
the 80/4 will arrive in December ... f=170mm ends on Oct12.

Obviously, this purchase cannot be reduced to a 50 / 50% polar
thinking - I doubt four are enough, six might be :-)

Well, I have already Pensées in my hands - I have to wash my teeth and
other toilette affairs.

Shall tell you what I found after thinking Thoughts twelve years after.

Fernando.