Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/10/2009: from my morning ride

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/10/2009: from my morning ride
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:07:12 +0100
That looks warm and peaceful, Nathan.  I was worried that it would be
a shot of a lamb being slaughtered at the side of the road.

Like Turkey in 2000 during the Feast of Eid: it was a week of no
flying (Northern No-fly Zone over Iraq, being policed from Incirlik
near Adana) so we went off up to Cappadocia, across the Anatolian
Plateau.  All along the way in villages and hamlet the roads ran with
rivulets of blood from the animals being slaughtered at the end of
Ramadan.  There was still a great deal of snow, as it was March, the
snow was red in many places.

With that and the horizontal snowfalls it was a surreal couple of days.

Chris