Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/10/2009: from my morning ride

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/10/2009: from my morning ride
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 01:43:29 +1300
Ag wrote:
> What is really unexplainable is that here in Iowa we actually have a lot
> of sheep production--sheep specifically bred for food, not hair, so it
> tastes better.  You think we can actually buy lamb here?  Nope.  Nearly
> impossible to get and what you can find has been imported from somewhere
> else in the country.
>
> Bugs me too, since I have several lamb recipes that I love to make.

Not to worry; hogget is MUCH tastier than lamb.

Also, if good taste and eating quality are what you want, the breed of sheep
and what they have been fed on, are all-important. The best is merino, a
very fine-wool sheep, fed on totally unimproved pasture. Hogget or two-tooth
ewe preferably.

Brian Swale.