Re: [OM] Lighttable, was: Return of the bionic man

Subject: Re: [OM] Lighttable, was: Return of the bionic man
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:09:22 -0200
Hey Carlos: that's my most accurate scan regarding color (I corrected
the purple chroma of the 85~250 at 250, on the white stripes in the
background only, where they were very noticeable).

Trans illuminated using a 60W solar tungsten GE lamp, white acrylic
until I find a better diffuser.

It's aged Velvia 50, Chris, remember!.

Seems it's all about monitor calibration: so far I've done so
following lagom.com and then, loaded aRGB - I've discussed this long
with Carlos: in a Mac monitor, if you load aRGB @ 6500 (D65) and gamma
2.2, you shall see darker colors than those I see in a windows monitor
with the same settings ...., of course, NikonScan has a built-in aRGB,
so it 'should' be able to cover such a space -'though the raw (no
curves, levels, LCH, USM at scanning stage) files I get have a blue
cast. Tried doing so with KM settings, not blue but magenta-red cast.

Last week I found a 12 ink cartridge _big_ Canon printer in
Montevideo: shall see.

I'm working in my most difficult scan now: one I call 'Intersky'. When
ready, I'll upload it.

Oooopsss - must go to work ... Carlos: interesting question, is Oct 12
a holiday in Spain ? ;-)

I'll write you later ...

Fernando.