[OM] The incredible shrinking man

Subject: [OM] The incredible shrinking man
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:46:57 -0400
Over the last couple of days I have commented about my surprising water
weight gains and losses following my knee replacement surgery.
Yesterday's 4 pound 1 day loss was astounding to me and I thought it
couldn't be duplicated.  This morning it was not duplicated but rather
exceeded with a loss of 5 pounds.

Here's my record:

Tue     194     weighed at home just before leaving for the hospital
Wed     197     interpolated
Thu     200     interpolated
Fri     203     interpolated
Sat     206     first measurement at home after discharge on Friday pm

Sun     203     home measurement
Mon     199     home measurement
Tue     194     home measurement

Despite all the water loss there is still significant swelling of the
leg and foot and last night was one of the most uncomfortable from pain.
  However, it seems to be moderating right now and I'm keeping my
fingers crossed.

For those of a scientific bent I have no idea how accurate my home
digital bathroom scale is but it is highly repeatable which is all that
matters here.  I take my weight shortly after getting up in the morning
and while wearing next to nothing so that measurements are comparable.

ps:  I'm glad the trend is clearly downward.  I was beginning to fear I
might start springing leaks.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt