Re: [OM] The incredible shrinking man

Subject: Re: [OM] The incredible shrinking man
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:15:26 -0200
2009/10/13 Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Here's my record:

Tell this to your heart: it will feel such a relief :-)
It's it which has done a 'record'.

> Despite all the water loss there is still significant swelling of the
> leg and foot and last night was one of the most uncomfortable from pain.

That swelling is Edema, uncomfortable and painful, yes.
But _not related_ to water loss. Related to thrombosis, yes.
Keep on pissing, don't add sodium.

> For those of a scientific bent I have no idea how accurate my home
> digital bathroom scale is but it is highly repeatable which is all that
> matters here.  I take my weight shortly after getting up in the morning
> and while wearing next to nothing so that measurements are comparable.

Oh, that's easy if you're concerned about measurements: I test mine
with a bag of 1 Kg of rice or sugar. More practical than 1 liter of
water, since it's not necessary to count out the bottle's weight.

> ps:  I'm glad the trend is clearly downward.  I was beginning to fear I
> might start springing leaks.  :-)

Fear nothing: rather than losing your time weighting your body, do
this: measure your blood pressure and heartbeat rate. Hopefully,
you'll find them Ok.
By this night, you should be able to tell me why they are Ok instead
of way-out :-)

Fernando.