Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(

Subject: Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:00:49 -0500
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> re: a mirrorless camera.  I've said here for a number of years that,
> once EVF capability reaches a certain level of speed and resolution,
> then there really isn't any reason for a mirror.  The mirror only adds
> cost, bulk, and weight and detracts from function.  But no doubt someone
> will attempt a launch before the technology is truly ready.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Even EVF as crude as the C-8080 or the KM A1 holds many advantages.  I
never found any metering tool as foolproof as the live histogram in
the C-8080.  There is no need to shoot RAW in such a case if exposure
is the primary reason for doing so.

Joel W.