Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(

Subject: Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:13:16 -0500

> Why are rumor sites taken as if official announcement from Olympus?

Because in this day and age, you have to prime the pump to get enough
excitement going to sell the cameras.  Canon has actually made a tremendous
mistake lately by not feeding the rumor mill. As a result, their Rebels and
DXX series cameras have not been as good of sellers as they could have been
if they built some pre-demand for them.

Olympus, Leica and Nikon are using the rumor mills to their advantage and
have been doing a good job of creating the demand for the new product before
it is actually released.

Well-timed leaks and suppositions are not an accident.  In the case of one
particular brand, the leaked specifications, pictures, etc., will emerge
from some obscure third-world country nobody other than a professor of
sociology has ever heard of. In fact, so obscure that you have a hard time
finding an online translator that will convert the text into anything other
than pig latin. But even this is no accident. It is not a coincidence that
the sentence structure is so hacked up. Like clockwork, this third-world
revelation will happen 10-14 days before launch. It is completely
coordinated and planned which country/language the leak will come from.

Now, what is REALLY interesting is that we've actually seen a preview of one
of the new cameras but the leaked info is in isolated chunks and seemingly
unrelated to each other.  I think my partner in crime isn't even aware of
that one.  :)  But there is a new leak within the last 24 hours which the
rumor sites will totally overlook and there is absolutely no way we can
reveal it on ZX yet. If I say a word, my b*lls will be chopped off and fed
to the penguins.

AG