Re: [OM] Velvia Mood

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia Mood
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:12:54 +0800
To use the OM lenses on digital body, if you insist on FF then there is not
much choices, I recommend 5D and 5D II. If you don't mind the weight 1Ds,
1Ds II and III are having better bodies. I don't like the mirror vibration
on 5D II but you can use liveview to minimize it. If cropped sensor is ok
for you then you can use any Olympus E-series bodies or Pana 4/3. Manual
stop down is a problem for using OM lenses on the digital bodies but I
mostly use my lenses at F5.6 or wider so it is ok for me. You also have to
accept some corner softness when using OM wides on FF as the designed
coverage is a little less than desired on digital sensor (as in film the
corners will be masked by the slide mount or commercial printing machine).
To achieve maximum sharpness for landscape/cityscape, I use liveview
focusing a lot, any minor focusing issue will be shown at 100% view.

C.H.Ling