Re: [OM] The incredible shrinking man

Subject: Re: [OM] The incredible shrinking man
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:40:18 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
>> My wife has a photographic memory.  All of my many mistakes can be recalled
>> in graphic detail. ;-)
>> Things must be very much alike on both sides of the pond.
> I think some things are pretty universal and cross cultural, language and
> ethnic lines.  Some day when we establish contact with the Martians, we'll
> discover that their marriages look a lot like ours.

I've stayed out of these threads as they have cropped up, but this
generalization is a bit much for me.

I'm divorced and widowed and Carol and I have been living together
essentially as though married for 8 1/2 years.

Although my first marriage,which ended in divorce, resembled in some
ways the sort of generalizations common in media and posts here, even it
wasn't so extreme.

Second marriage was almost nothing like the stereotypes. Perfect, no,
but not with all this unpleasantness. It only ended 'cause she died. I
guess you could say that was unforgivable marital behavior?

None of the crap applies to my present relationship. It's a daily
delight. Disagreements? Misunderstandings? Sure, but we approach them
in order to understand and resolve in ways that improve communication
and understanding. I suppose that may sound polyannaish, but when both
parties want things to grow and change for the better, it is, in fact,
possible.

Just sayin'

Someone needs to witness that suffering isn't inevitable.

A. Happy Moose