Re: [OM] A new born baby

Subject: Re: [OM] A new born baby
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 02:28:19 +0800
Congratulations Michael.
Being an ethnic Chinese, I can relate to the first month celebration process
for newborns. In the Cantonese dialect, it's called 'moon yuet', which
roughly means full moon. And in accordance to the Chinese lunar calendar,
when a baby is born, he/she is already 1 year old. Sometimes we tear our
hair discussing ages in the family because someone will be describing a
person's age based on the Chinese calendar and then we'll be assuming the
Western way of calculating!

And that's a beautiful shot of your baby girl and wife. Love the grain.

K.

2009/10/16 Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>

> Beautiful !
> Congratulations to the parents, and welcome Tracy!
>
> The word congratulations applies to your family of course, but also
> typifies the tradition here in France.
> Usually fathers start celebrating while the young mother and child are
> at the clinic; champagne more often than not, under the viligence of his
> mother, or of his mother-in-law or, which may sound worse, of both, who
> may have come down to take care of the elder children.
> Then, when the young mother and child return home, visitors bring
> presents, and keep drinking champagne or whatever the aforesaid father
> has left, with the aforeaforesaid father.
> Some time later, if the family is religious, the kid gets 'christened',
> and it is another opportunity for celebration, champagne, etc. Presents
> are offered to the child, such as gold coins - just in case there should
> be another war - silver spoons or tumbler - because he must face germs
> very early in life - on top of the usual blue cardigan to a female baby
> with an unknown first name, or of  a much too large pink wooly that will
> be out of fashion when HE has grown large enough to wear it.
> In short, it is all about rejoicing as in any country I guess, and
> rightly so.
>
> Enjoy your baby, they grow up so fast, and these are treasured moments.
> Keep clicking.
>
> Philippe, a father of three, aged 15 to 25.
>
> PS: the Elmarit works fine, is it an R on Oly? Or M on M?
>

> Michael Wong wrote:
>
> >A new member was born in my family. The baby is a girl & her name is
> Tracy.
> >In Chinese society, there is a celebration for the new born baby upon the
> >baby was born for one month. Family members would go to a small party for
> >celebration. How's the western countries to celebrate a new born baby?
> >

> http://images1.fotop.net/albums6/MichaelWong/Tracy_20090821/IMG4024_Elmarit90.jpg
> >

> >---
> >Michael
> >

> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney