Re: [OM] film scanning [was I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell..

Subject: Re: [OM] film scanning [was I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell...]
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:25:00 -0200
2009/10/15 Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I've looked on the web, and none of the eagles shown for Uruguay look to
> me anything like this one.
>
> Moose
> --
Shall take a look - too busy today.
There is in fact a book on Uruguayan birds, and another on Uruguayan,
and Argentinian bids. Brazilian birds would need two volumes at least :-)
I can get it borrowed, but better do a search in the web and then compare.

BTW, there is a very little specimen which it's called 'Seven Colors'.
Some years ago, there was one at our central park, in the middle of
the city (Parque Rodó). There I met a woman who was watching at it in
awe, and taught me about it. It's almost invisible in the places it
lives / hides ('pajonales') and by the time I only had the 200+2X-A.

Never could met one again, once I saw a similar one ... and I explored
the 'pajonales' in Maldonado, Montevideo and Rocha, no luck.
Anyway, now I have the 300 mm ƒ/4,5 and 2X-A - but somewhere above
400mm might suffice. Since I mainly use RDPIII, an 1.4X-A would be a
great instrument. OTOH, there are becoming so rare that I doubt it's
worth the investment.

Might be a good idea a short trip to the NE of Uruguay - eagles and
'aves de rapiña' of different sizes are not rare in the thereabouts,
but frankly, I'm flooded with work and other affairs - the zoo is only
10 blocks away ;-), cost of gasoline is not a non issue too.

BTW, if I wanted to photograph fishes inside a bowl - with T-32s, a 24
or 21mm .... any advice?

Fernando.