Re: [OM] The incredible shrinking man

Subject: Re: [OM] The incredible shrinking man
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:49:18 -0200
Certainly so, but this point of view shouldn't prevent you reading
some Voltaire ... 'Candide' on his views on optimism, and the
following quote: /Le divorce est probablement de la même date à peu
près que le mariage. Je crois pourtant que le mariage est de quelques
semaines plus ancien./  Divorce is probably of nearly the same age as
marriage. I believe, however, that marriage is some weeks the more
ancient. "Divorce" (1771)

As always when you read Voltaire, take it with a grain of salt.

Fernando.