Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;( - Now xD vs CF

Subject: Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;( - Now xD vs CF
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:03:36 -0700
Ian Nichols wrote:

> I'm actually quite happy with the speed of a cheap & cheerful USB CF reader
> that I use with my desktop PC, but for the laptop I didn't want to have to
> carry another gadget around (it's another thing to forget to take),
> especially not one that sticks precariously out of the side in use.  The
> expresscard reader doesn't stick out at all, and the the inserted card only
> sticks out a few mm and is held quite firmly.

Makes perfect sense to me. I would probably do the same, except that my
laptop has a PCcard slot, rather than ExpressCard, and the CF adapter is
very slow. Somehow, that doesn't seem reason enough to buy a new
computer when it otherwise meets my needs. As I also carry a backup HD
and geotracking device, another small USB device is no additional trouble.

Moose