Re: [OM] Compact N camera includes projector !

Subject: Re: [OM] Compact N camera includes projector !
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:26:56 -0700
AS wrote:
> Samsung introduced PS cameras with a front LCD. Amazing what these things can
> do now.

I guess you are more easily amazed than am I? :-)

Cameras with twist and tilt LCDs  have had this capability for years.
(As did the two piece body Nikons of past years?) When you point the LCD
forward, this picture flips to be right side up as seen from the front.

Somehow hooking up a second LCD on the front of a camera seems to me to
fall more into the minor convenience, marketing gimmick category than
any real  improvement, let alone amaze me.

Amazing might be when some maker finally makes a wireless, detachable
LCD, so I can hold it in my line of vision with one hand while holding
the camera itself overhead, around a corner, etc., or leave it on a
table and shoot from buttons on the LCD package.

Even then, is it amazing if I can imagine it and see that all the
technology needed already exists? Probably not cost effective yet, but
it will appear.

Amazing might be when I can buy a camera which projects the view through
its lens on my cornea so one eye is my viewfinder and the other eye
prevents accidents. ;-)

Amazing will also be when Samsung produces a camera with decent IQ and
operating performance. They do make some cool looking cameras, though.

Moose