Re: [OM] NY & New England - 2009 [was OT: Nobel Prize]

Subject: Re: [OM] NY & New England - 2009 [was OT: Nobel Prize]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:06:39 -0700
Willie Wonka wrote:
> A lucky Moose indeed.
>
> You have managed to visit all of my favorite places and take some fantastic
> images, judging by the previews so far.

More to come, possibly including places you don't know.  :-)   Busy
conference yesterday through Sunday, though.

> Gloucester is a city that wifey and I love.  BTW I think I too have a picture
> of the ship against the Boston skyline somewhere...:)
>
> Back to Acadia...I didn't get a chance to go back as intended.  Six days
> there...this is a real dream (not to mention the ability to take 28 day long
> vacation...)

I can only take such a vacation because I am retired. And because I
retired early, I can only afford it through the kindness of friends at
whose houses we are lucky enough to be invited to stay.

> It looks like within the last few years, somehow I have managed to aquire
> skills that no one else has within my company of more than 200000.

Not necessarily an unmixed curse. I survived an LBO and another major
round of layoffs because my skills were a small, but unique cog in the
survival of the company at those times.

> I am really really envious, Moose.

Hang in there. At your age, I was working and raising kids, too, and
couldn't dream of such vacations.

> Did you try to moosify that image, by palming it?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. What is "palming"? If you refer
to this image, it's a straight, uncropped shot of nature in Acadia with
only a little of my usual digital darkroom "improvement", but no tricks.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=NorthEast_2009/MtDesert&image=_MG_8634ia.jpg>

Moose