Re: [OM] ( OM ) Filters for digital

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Filters for digital
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:02:49 +0200
Chuck,

I understood your mail as implying shadow pushing, which would certainly
be reasonable as the only way to capture all the information in a
single shot
without messing with filters.

Of course, I never considered that you were thinking of merging
multiple exposures,
my apologies. Your 5D has a sensor of basically identical design to
the 1D MkIIN that
I used, so you have at your disposal adequate dynamic range and low
noise for most
conceivable shots. I definitely do not find this to be the case with
four thirds, where
one needs to be a bit more careful, as I now have to be when I shoot
slide film.

On the other hand, I just love shooting B&W film - I don't think I've
ever actually seen a
blown highlight in any image I've made over the past year with B&W.
The highlight DR is astoundingly
good.

Definitely to each his own yes!

D.