Re: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones

Subject: Re: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:43:28 +0200
My Filofax migrated to Lotus Organizer onto the PC in the early 90's.  It
had a print option to Filofax-sized pages so that was my one-way sync!
I bought an hp95lx which I upgraded to an hp200lx during '97.  That was my
favorite of all PDAs - it ran DOS 3.3, had Lotus 1-2-3, had a RS232 port
which I connected to a GPS for moving map display just like James Bond.  And
a mailing list almost as friendly as this one!
And It had a PCMCIA socket into which I had a 1MB SRAM card (with lithium
coin cell).  Later to get a CF adaptor and a whopping 15MB flash.  (Couldn't
afford 16MB, I think 15 were the 2nd grade drop-out chips, but it still cost
me $70!)  yes, MB not GB.
Lack of backlight and other things I forget drove me to Palm Tungsten in
about 2000 which is still running, but I'm about to move it all to my new
phone (Nokia5800 running Symbian).

I routinely (daily) sync that Palm to Outlook 2003 (Calendar, Contacts,
ToDo, Notes) using CHAPURA POCKET MIRROR and I don't use Palm Desktop any
more.

good luck
jez