Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:38:12 -0500
Granted, I was being a little charitable with some of my comments where I'd
rather have let loose with a fire-breathing, hide-the-children, review of
the camera, but I'm not as opposed to the camera as you seem to be.

The 17mm lens is a waste of space.  Make no mistake, I think that some
Olympus people should be physically castrated over it. What a foolish,
stupid and utterly incompetent piece of junk it is.  Some things can be
fixed in firmware but they didn't even bother to do that!

Back to the camera, the interface is typical of today's follow-the-leader,
I'm a brainless lemming approach which uses modes, buttons and
multi-function spinning wheels. Normally, not too much of a problem when you
have 72 buttons and wheels on the camera. A big problem when there are too
few. As a result, they stuff everything into menus which make absolutely no
sense.

At this point in my life, I don't have time or interest in an interface
design that doesn't work for me. I am voting with my wallet and will support
the companies that give a rip.

AG