Re: [OM] [OT] new Canyon 1d Mk

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] new Canyon 1d Mk
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:40:41 +0100
2009/10/21 Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>:
> C.H.Ling wrote:
>> Agreed about the nice result, I just wanted to point out that there is no
>> magic for a 40ft ceiling especially a dark painted one.
>>

> Still, how much of that is ISO 400 thinking? It doesn't take much light
> to make a difference at ISO 3200.

Hmm, it's a wood ceiling, yes?  I'd have expected an orange colour
cast for light reflected from that.  I'm going with CH's notion about
spillage onto the (white) walls.

> The only way to know for sure would be to put a hood on the flash to
> prevent spill over and compare the results.

Can't argue with that.  That's your project for the weekend sorted.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer