Re: [OM] mamiya lenses, print exchange

Subject: Re: [OM] mamiya lenses, print exchange
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:56:57 -0400
I'd be up for the print exchange too, if there's still room and the deadline is
a little ways out. I can do color or B&W wet prints up to 4x5.

Speaking of mamiyas and their lenses, lately I've been intrigued by the Mamiya
7, and particularly it's wides (the 43 specifically but also the 50 and 65.).
I have a pair of Fuji rangefinders now that I like a lot (GW670III and
GSW690III) but neither is really as wide as I'd like. I want an M7II with the
43. I wish it was 6x9 but I think I can probably live with 6x7 format on that.
Hopefully it will be a step up from the Fujis, and not just a lateral move.
Those are quite nice cameras, but the lack of a really wide lens on the 6x9 has
me wanting that 43 pretty bad.

The other things I've considered are something like a Cambo wide with a 47 or
58, or a Silvestri with the same thing. Each with either a  6x9 or 6x12 back.
But neither of those options is as easy to deal with in the field (handholding,
focusing, etc.).

I guess what I really want is a 6x9 or 6x12 rangefinder with the equivalent of
the Zuiko 18/3.5 (or 21/2) mounted on it. ;-)  So far the M7(II?) and 43mm
seems like the closest to that goal.

Thoughts?

-Ed