Re: [OM] Couple vertical panoramics

Subject: Re: [OM] Couple vertical panoramics
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:04:49 +0200
Cc: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Excellent - my favourite is also "Must Be 29". I wish the woman wasn't
in the top-left
corner, the image would then work so much better for me. A rather
austere image you
made there, Richard. But intriguing.

On the topic of Panoramas, here's a recent 6x17cm slide I scanned,also
quite minimalist,
but in a totally different way to your image, and without the "human
interest".
I have come to the conclusion that the black border is "too much" but
oh well -
next time...

http://www.deviantart.com/download/140360800/Graffiti_by_philosomatographer.jpg

I really, really need to get a 5x7 enlarger so that I can start doing
proper
black+white panoramas. I have realised today agin how much I hate
scanning film,
it absolutely sucks. Colour slide is still nice, but I absolutely hate
the look
of scanned B&W film, a print is so much better. Problem is, with my
4x5in enlarger,
I would have to crop my images.

I just made a couple of tiny 5x7in prints from 6x7cm HP5 negatives, I
absolutely love
the richness, they look like contact prints. I must do more "small" MF
prints... It's
not always about bigger and better. Anybody else here make
ridiculously small prints?
(i.e. close to contact prints)

I would love few things more than making some small 5x14in prints from
my 6x17cm negatives,
if they have anywhere near the richness I saw in my small Mamiya
prints today.

Enjoy your panorama camera! It's special.