Re: [OM] OT, For Moose

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, For Moose
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 01:55:48 -0700
Paul Laughlin wrote:
> Moose, what are you using to process the raw files from the A650 with CHDK?
> The only thing I have that will work is QImage Studio.

I'm using dcraw. It's command line only, which would be a big pain for
those who like to make their adjustments in the converter. As I prefer
to do all but basic exposure adjustments later, it's not a major
inconvenience.

I've put batch files in the Send To directory, so they come up as Send
To options when one right clicks an image or group of images. The batch
files are for straight up, rotate right and rotate left. I select groups
of images and process them in batches. If the occasional one needs
special settings, like highlight recovery, I'll rerun it.

RawTherapee will also process them, with a relatively full set of
controls in a GUI. I can't figure out how to get 16 bit output from
these files, something about the lack of EXIF headers, I suspect. I see
Version 2.4.1 was released while I was away. Maybe that will fix it.

FastStone will also batch convert them, but 8 bit only.

All are freeware.

Moose