Re: [OM] Bronx Señorita

Subject: Re: [OM] Bronx Señorita
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 02:16:48 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Nice capture Moose, was it a cropped image or a full frame? It seems the
> quality could do a little better with the 5D at ISO400 or it is the effect of
> LCE? Is F16 a Moose style? I really prefer a faster shutter speed at 135mm
> focal length.

This was a grab shot. I'd taken a couple of shots of her in the store
with the A650 (in next post). Then I saw her walking toward the exit
with some others, so I thought she'd left. Then as I approached some
stairs down to a lower lawn, I saw her standing in that classic, pensive
pose. I just raised the camera and shot. I had been playing with f16
with some flowers for DOF and didn't have time to change anything. With
an IS lens, though, 1/60 isn't bad for 135 mm.

I was leaning out over a railing and trying to get a shot clear of
intervening leaves, so the shot was badly crooked. So yes, it's been
rotated and cropped, maybe by as much as 50%. I got off two quick shots,
but she had moved to a less attractive pose by the second and looked up
and saw me as I was going to try different camera settings.

> BTW, when I wanted to say the tonal quality seems a bit odd I found it was an
> aRGB image, the corrected one now looks much better.

I know you like sRGB, but I don't. I had a lot of problems with
converting my aRGB images to sRGB for the web. Reds and oranges too
often went funny. Once FireFox and IE joined Safari by becoming color
profile aware, I simply started putting images up on the web in aRGB. On
my screen, the web images look just like what I see in PS, which is what
I want. If you are using a browser that's not color profile aware, all
my images for the past several months will be at least a little off.

Moose