Re: [OM] Got a stupid questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Got a stupid questions
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:56:32 -0500
You don't indicate what type of subject matter you are viewing.  In the 40s
and 50s, most portrait studios were printing on matte paper because it made
the image look softer, and, if desired, could be hand-tinted.  I can't
recall when color prints became widely available.

When I had my own darkroom in the late 50s and early 60s, Kodak Medallist
paper was my paper of choice.  It was somewhere between glossy and matte,
and, in double-weight, it could make fine prints.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA