[OM] Yet another stupid question

Subject: [OM] Yet another stupid question
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:58:51 -0700 (PDT)
It turns out that the woman that moved into the office next to me is an artist.

She got offers from someone to sell her pictures-watercolor and pastel
paintings.

She needs someone to reproduce her original paintings.  Some "professional
photographer" offered to take pictures of them.  I convinced her that shed be
better off if someone scans them professionally, citing all camera lens
limitations.

Did I give her the wrong advice and can you recommend a lab that can do that,
preferrably closer to RI? (although she wouldnt mind if it is on the left
coast, although she dozent seem to be a leftie...:)

Many thanks

Boris