Re: [OM] (img) US memories

Subject: Re: [OM] (img) US memories
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:28:04 +0100
>> <http://picasaweb.google.com/zuikooh/US1992Memories?authkey=Gv1sRgCOvHlZ_78Ni8kQE&feat=directlink>
>>

> Long unviewed images from the past are sooo much fun! Thanks for
> sharing. The shot with the road sign showing distances to Hoover Dam and
> Kingman instantly reminded me of a trip through there I took in 1969.

That's what images are for :)

> BTW, there's considerable room for enhancement in the scans.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/IwertB>
>
> Lots of artifacts from the highly compressed JPEGs, but you wouldn't get
> that working on the originals.
>
> Moose

 Thanks, I'll get to them again if time allows!

I'm not sure about the artifacts & originals. I discovered I really
need a new scanner.
The Epson 2450 is getting old, there is a film of haze at the inside
of the glass plate
and the plate is scratched. I like the effect of the bar very much,
but for the first image I like the
pastel more. It was a really bright day with the white sand, and to me
that is reflected
in the way it is. For the last one: Im xorking in it as well, but I'm
darkening the landscape,
but will leave the inside of the mobile home as a frame. For the
panoramics there
isn't really much room to work on, being taken with a very crappy lens and fixed
speed camera, so it is all in the latitude of the film!

Iwert