Re: [OM] Yet another stupid question

Subject: Re: [OM] Yet another stupid question
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:29:39 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Chuck,

> How do you do the merging of the pieces... photomerge as in building a
> panorama?  It seems to me I tried something analogous once without

I'm not Moose but I'll answer anyway :-)

Merging several scans is easier than merging photo's. Scanning
normally gives you images with the same contrast, colors, brightness
etc.

I've merged multiple scans of a large piece or art on my HP 4C
with the lid off (6 scans). Very easy to do. My brother inlaw is happy
with the photos of the larger pieces so I tend to do that unless I
feel for some reason to go the precision route.

I normally stitch scans together simply by creating a new pic with
the required pixel hieght and width, then cut n paste from the smaller
scanned files after I've set all the open files in the graphics program
I use to x2 or x4 for alignment.

I've also done it with photos but thats a real dog of a process
and not something I would want to do again unless I spend the
time to experiment with stiching software.

Cheers
Ian Manners
*  <-- Tribble   @ <-- Tribble in a whirlpool