Re: [OM] OM4T problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T problems
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:01:17 -0200
I believe I cannot blame the Renata regarding my 4Ti lock-up issue.

The sequence is different than in Mike's: 1- it would lock after
checking Ok both by the camera's meter (no-beeps, no-lights warnings)
and / or multimeter checking. 2- after a lock-up next shot would lock
or not, if next shot didn't the following would lock. 3- camera w/ no
film, new checked batteries, no locks within 100 shots. 4- next day,
camera re-loaded - unpredictable locking again.

Now I recall I never checked without a winder.

Suffered from locks using the self-timer - it just didn't start the
beep-countdown.

Never heard or saw a warning, even when checking just before (going
beyond common sense - checking battery level before each shot .... ) -
We may call this "Silent LockUp Syndrome" :-(

Last, my battery-eater plain-4 has a good appetite for blonde Renata,
a couple at a time, but not a single lock 'till the last definitive
one.

Well, I hope the Renata are not to blame: it's the only available
brand in my country, and always fresh no doubt.

Fernando.