Re: [OM] Couple vertical panoramics

Subject: Re: [OM] Couple vertical panoramics
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:13:40 +1100
Some people regard a true panoramic camera as one with a moving or
swinging lens - Nobelx, Widelux, Horizon, etc., or even the whole
camera rotating.  Something like a Linhof 6x17 is a wide format camera
taking a letterbox shaped image with a wide rectilinear lens. With
this little compact and other Sony's with the feature, you 'swing' or
sweept the camera and get the consequent distortion. That bridge is
curved but the swing has straightened it out.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx