Re: [OM] OT: Printers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Printers
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:15:54 -0400
Candace,

You may want to consider one of the Canon's. Most of the models sold here in
the US can be hacked to print on CD's with the removal of a cover plate, the
purchase of the correct CD carrier and a software switch in the printer. The
feature is disabled due to "marketing agreement" with Epson. The hack even
works on the pro9000 and pro9500. I have one of the mid level ones (the
iP4500 I think); it came with free with a G9 and at retail was maybe $90. It
uses one half (RGBK) of the ink set that the pro9000 uses plus an extra
black. I haven't used it for much photo printing but what it has done has
been good. My main use has been cranking out CD's of the recital recordings
I occasionally do.

HTH, Dan.