Re: [OM] Show me some 250/2.0 shots please!

Subject: Re: [OM] Show me some 250/2.0 shots please!
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:16:31 +0200
Thanks William,

I have also had no luck searching tags on Flickr, etc. - hence my
strange
request. There is pretty much nothing anywhere. Hmm... I don't think
"The Moose" has one :-)

It's strange how some expensive/exotic lenses, like the Leica 50/1.0
[which for no reason that I can see
other than cult status, has skyrocketed to ludicrous second-hand
prices in recent years],
can spawn millions of images on something like Flickr, yet something
like the 250/2.0 does not yield
(from what I could find) one representative image. Is it because they
made many many more Noctiluxes
than OM 250/2.0s? Of course, there is probably also the 'small' matter
of there being many more
photographers walking around with a small-ish, 60mm-filter-using lens
than what there are walking
around with a 4kg barrel-o-glass...

Some time back, I read from a poor source (an eBay seller) that they
only made something like 200
examples of the 250/2.0, which I discounted at the time thinking it
could not possibly so few.

But even if there were 200 made, surely some significant percentage of
them should be in the hands
of the enthusiasts using this mailing list? I mean, where else?

Dawid