Re: [OM] OT: Printers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Printers
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:29:34 -0400
Epson planned to put a timer into their chipped cartridges that would
automatically disable them if you didn't used them fast enough.  AFAIK,
that plan got deep six'd. To build that into firmware would cause a
firestorm.

Makes sense that you could do this kind of printing with a Canon Pro9000
as it allows you to print on stiff printing media from the front.

Ebay Item:  220476159704  and only $20
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com