Re: [OM] Show me some 250/2.0 shots please!

Subject: Re: [OM] Show me some 250/2.0 shots please!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:40:02 -0500
There are two possible reasons that I'm thinking there is a lack of on-line
sample images from the 250 F2 lens.

1. The majority were in the hands of professional photographers who may have
migrated onto other kits (Canon? Nikon?), but the old lenses and bodies are
stuffed into the dusty corner of the equipment closet.  It is amazing the
old top stuff that photographers don't get rid of when they buy new gear.

2. The rest are in the hands of the people who can't quite get over the fact
the lens is so expensive and rare that they never take it out of the box.
These are the folks that take, maybe, two pictures per year with the lens
and that's with gaps of two-three years between times the lens saw daylight.

I was going to buy the 250/2 from John H., but my wife wisely put it all in
perspective for me. As we look towards the upcoming year and the photography
income being generated, we couldn't justify the purchase of the lens at this
time. I put my equipment usually on a three or five year schedule and the
lens would have needed to have a positive ROI within that period. Absent
one-off image sales that come out of the woodwork, I couldn't make it work.

Does that mean I didn't want it?  HAH!  Yeah right.  You know me better than
that.

AG