Re: [OM] OT: Printers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Printers
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:17:03 -0600
That's timely.

I did look at the HP models you've mentioned. Funny, as the D7560 is
available here in town for 150.00 and it is listed as a printer that the
Acoustica software would work with. So, that makes the printer 172.00
(cost of software 22.00). I was seriously considering it. Then I went
online and found this site and these reviews, and it didn't seem like
such a great deal after all.
http://www.consumersearch.com/inkjet-printers/hp-photosmart-d7560

I don't know why I didn't mention this in my initial post, but aside
from the annoying cd print software that HP insists on using, the HP
printer that I returned earlier this year (a "c" model) took an
unbelievably long time to install. It took over 70 minutes, and then it
hung, and I couldn't do a thing without calling HP, and that phone call
took over an hour at which time they tried to up-sell me to a model that
was roughly $500.00. After all of that, the very first thing I did was
try to make a CD label. I wasn't very happy. Because we all have over 2
hours to waste trying to put a piece of equipment on our desk, only to
find out it won't do well the one thing you purchased it for.

All of my other printers have had about a 20-30 minutes setup time. I
timed the Artisan 700 just to see and it was 22 minutes from the time I
began peeling tape off the box until the time I printed my first test page.

Candace