Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:45:54 EDT

In a message dated 10/30/2009 6:06:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My g/f  tells me there is a DVD about to become available in NZ which d
etails
restrictive practices of large USA companies in relation to family  farming.

She mentioned (a) a farm doing free-range hen & rooster  culture being shut
down; (b) a maize grower who was sowing his own seed  being prevented
from doing so.

I'd appreciate informed comment on  this.

It sounds pretty crazy.  My guess would be that if there is any truth  to
what your G/F heard, there is more to the story.   Scrutiny of the  source
would also be high on my list.  So you can say I'm a bit skeptical  about the
rumor and that is probably a good place from which to start.   Bill Barber