Re: [OM] 250/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 250/2
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:27:57 -0200
2009/10/31 Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>:
> The 300/4.5 really is awkward to use without a
> tripod, or at least monopod, at least for me.

Agree, absolutely - only that I love using tripods :-)

>> The focusing, for tracking any kind of moving target, is terrible on the
>> 300/4.5 though.
>>

> Apparently, I either have stronger hands or my example is unusual, as I
> find the focusing action quite good.  (snip!) Then, maybe that's why I find
> the 300/4.5 focus fine, 'cause I
> only use it on a tripod for stationary or close to stationary subjects.

Found my example perhaps as unusual as yours - I quite prefer it so:
not too stiff, neither too loose: accuracy is guaranteed, so does spot
metering if using a 4/4Ti.

Besides, my subjects tend to be stationary, maybe because I spend some
time waiting / thinking for a better composition - thus I only take
two to four frames from the same subject.
Sometimes I shoot more than one just because I like the composition,
and want to have two shots just in case, if possible.

I bracket, or vary DOF one or two stops, just in case. Same subjects
gets only one to four frames.
I like it that way: it makes me think and consider and contemplate
before shooting. I'd say I somehow 'blend' with the subject.

No snapshots, but that Pricipia is not an inflexible one.Maybe it's
that I'm not able to make it otherwise, but I enjoy it better this
way.

IMHO

Fernando

--