[OM] Panorama for Chuck [was A Few From Acadia National Park]

Subject: [OM] Panorama for Chuck [was A Few From Acadia National Park]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 01:52:34 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Thanx. That's one of my favorites as well.

Now I'm confused. From your description and the islands on the horizon,
it's clear that this shot is from somewhere on the coast not far East of
Bass Head. Go much more than 100 yds East and you wouldn't be able to
see the lighthouse. Did you perhaps take the little, unmarked trail East
from the top of the stairs down to the rocks below the light? A couple
of ways out onto rocks along there.

Anyway, I thought Frenchman's Bay was the body of water between Mt.
Desert and the Schoodic Peninsula to the East. Is it considered to go
down around under the Island? I'd have just called it the Atlantic ocean.

I have a panorama of the same water and islands taken from the East
side, near the mouth, of Ship Harbor.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=NorthEast_2009/MtDesert/ShipHarbor&image=_MG_8088-96ia.jpg>

Nine vertical shots with the 17-35 @ 35mm.

Moose