Re: [OM] Geocoding images [was A Few From Acadia National

Subject: Re: [OM] Geocoding images [was A Few From Acadia National
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 09:27:37 -0800
Ken, thanks for the tips. Battery life is very important if you are out
for a few days, less so when road tripping.

Moose, Does the Travel Logger software that comes with the iGotU work
with other gps units? Seems like good software is the key. The gps is
just a recording device. I already have several including a little
bluetooth device. What I need is software I can use.

Jim, The battery life may be good in the save mode but does it give you
any useful info in the wilderness? How do you access that info? I think
you need another device like a laptop. Maybe you can pull your
coordinates off a camera and transfer them to a map by hand.  Not very
practical for navigation. The only thing it will do is to silently
record your travels for later perusal by you or the SAR team :-)    just
dead weight on the trip.

FWIW You can get a little gps with MS Streets&Trips for $32.
<http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/clk.asp?P=105305&U=1&ai=3844>

Mike