Re: [OM] ( OM ) New photos - non-film, sorry

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New photos - non-film, sorry
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:20:20 -0500
I'll have to let Moose speak for himself but I did not interpret his
comment as meaning that FastStone ruined any of your shots.  Rather it's
not doing much to help you out.  The problem with the vinyard shot is
that it is fairly significantly overexposed... probably by at least 1/2
stop.  You can tell that by checking the histogram on the camera that
you seem to proudly proclaim that you never use.  Had you checked the
histogram when you took the shot you could have seen the overexposure
and chosen to reshoot.  The overexposure has also led to an image which
has very low overall contrast.  The image can be improved without too
much trouble but one first has to admit that it's overexposed to begin
with and could benefit from some fixing.

Chuck Norcutt