Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:31:30 EST
Texas isn't Iowa, however I grew up in an area where there were several
hybrid seed growers (producers of, rather than users of) and understand the
process.  The story being passed around seemed to be that the farmer  planted
his non-patented/not round up resistant seeds and the bees and the wind
caused his field to be pollinated from with the patented seed plants in a
neighboring field and this cross pollination is what caused the problem.
Perhaps I misunderstood.  Where is Barry Bean when we need him?  Bill  Barber