Re: [OM] WTB: OM-4T, 1-11 or 1-12 screen, Macro stand/VST/etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: OM-4T, 1-11 or 1-12 screen, Macro stand/VST/etc.
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:07:32 -0500
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Can an OM-2 with shoe-3 do OTF TTL? I had thought one needed the 3-contact
shoe... removing the Shoe-2 on there shows only 2 contact pins...

Moose, indeed a regular OM-4 would work fine too. And for the reasons you
mentioned, the 4 would be preferable to the 2. (diopter, mirror/aperture
prefire in particular). I guess I just thought of OM-4t first since I had one
in the past and was familiar  with it.

The set up in question will be (at least for now) a 20/2 on bellows, probably
with T-28. I also ended up with the T8 (and a bunch of other stuff) but I think
it's not recommended for the 20/2.   Thus the desire for 1-12 or 1-11 screen,
OM-4(t), and VST/stand/etc.  The 20/2 just doesn't seem to be feasible as a
field-use rig, from initial playing with it.

Yeah, the 20 macro is definitely jumping into the deep end of the macro pool
but it was a good deal so I figured I'd give it a try. Up till now I had been
doing 1:1 macro at most (Canon 180L, OM 50/3.5, OM 90/2, - those are my primary
macro lenses, along with some extension tubes).

Thanks for any assistance and advice,

-Ed